Role: Head of Corporate
Salary: £45K – £55K DOE
Our client is an award winning law firm who offer quality advice across the full spectrum of legal services.
As part of our client’s programme of expansion, they are currently recruiting a Head of Corporate based in Chesterfield.
- Competence in handling Corporate & Commercial matters.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems to diarise and ensure all deadlines are met
- Demonstrate excellent client care, apply technical knowledge and communicate complex legal matters into a commercially astute and understandable format
- Meet with clients and provide expert legal advice in the area of corporate work
- Ensure legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development
- Run legal matters in an organised and efficient manner ensuring client document and advice history are recorded in accordance with firm procedures
The successful candidate:
Will have a strong academic background and will have gained Corporate Commercial experience within well-respected firms. You will have a natural ability to work at pace and will be able to offer clients advice on all matters relating to the administration and operation of their company including; mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and insolvency, company formations, shareholder resolutions and agreements, amendments to share rights, and the re-registration as public or private companies.
Previous management experience is preferred but not essential as one of the key roles will be to manage and grow the team. The role would suit someone who is skilled at building lasting working relationships with clients, willing to play an active role in the team’s business development activities and will have a demonstrable drive to contribute to the Corporate Commercial team’s ongoing success. The reputation of the firm is excellent, and the successful candidate joins a team established over many years, giving anyone looking for a move a soft landing. Clients include large corporates, private equity firms, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Person & Skill Specification:
- Qualified Solicitor skilled in this area of legal expertise
- Credible past consistent financial performance
- The ability to build and manage a caseload, work under pressure to tight deadlines and be very self-motivated.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- The ability to manage and supervise a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent client service delivery
- Ideally at least 3 years PQE in handling a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial work
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer