Role: Head of Development
Salary: £50,000 – £75,000 per annum depending on level of experience
Our client are a fast growing business in the property sector. They currently outsource the ongoing maintenance and development of their website (built in PHP, specifically Laravel) and CRM (Salesforce) and are looking to bring this in house. The role of Head of Technology will be to work closely with the Directors to enable this transfer and to create and grow an in house technology team which you will lead. Within the role you will manage and review all IT processes and systems to ensure they meet the changing needs of the company, and look to create and suggest improvements. This is a senior level position in the business and a key hire for the company as they strive to further grow their business operation.
The successful candidate:
- Will likely be in a Head of Development, or Lead Development role which is hands on managing projects as well as managing a team.
- Ability to create and grow an in-house technology team (to include more junior developers – front and back end and designers). This should include recruitment, interviewing and managing the team.
- Ability to sit in board meetings with the Directors to drive the business and its technology forward.
- Experience working with businesses scaling quickly
- Very strong management skills, with a proven track record of managing developers.
- Ability and experience to work in PHP platforms single-handily to begin with (specifically Laravel, to develop and adapt our website, CMS and systems).
- Experience working with third party companies, including website and development companies.
- Experience to look at the current architecture of the systems we use to improve our systems, to improve website performance, speed and functionality.
- Knowledge within CRM/Data
- Ensure that the organisation complies with its security policies and obligations.
- Experience testing and perfecting systems.
Desirable skills, but not required:
- Salesforce development, creating new processes, and systems.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.