Role: Account Director
Salary: up to £40K per annum DOE
Our client are a strategic creative agency based in Sheffield.
- To lead a client group and be responsible for growing all clients within that group to achieve their ambitious growth targets.
- To be actively involved in the conversion of new business and the subsequent managing of these clients going forward.
- You will work with Studio and your team to ensure all client work is successfully delivered, it is creatively inspiring, exceeds our client’s expectations and meets the highest standards of quality.
- You will use your knowledge of your clients and your experience to write and deliver exciting creative briefs, challenging expectations and proving clarity of objectives for the team.
- With your client group, you will agree the project scope, budget and timescales with the client.
- You will be a key part of the internal review process, providing the voice of the client and adding your own understanding to how we meet the brief as well as challenging the creative solutions presented.
- You’ll work to “sell in” their strategic and creative approach to your clients, through attending key milestones such as kick off meetings, concept presentations, strategic insight and recommendations.
- You’ll keep in touch with the client contacts throughout the project delivery to ensure we’re meeting expectations, hitting our deadlines and answering the brief.
- Your team will act as the day to day contact for the clients, keeping projects on track and driving them through the agency and involving you as per the agreed project specification.
You will report to the Client Services Director.
- Your focus will be on building key relationships within a clients’ business to achieve growth.
- You will be strategically and commercially minded and will be a trusted advisor for your clients.
- You will lead and develop their relationship with the agency and core members of their account team.
- You will have a clear understanding of your clients’ business needs, objectives and challenges to ensure you can:
- Offer a valuable strategic viewpoint.
- Provide genuine solutions to their problems and quickly mobilise an approach to get working on the answer.
- Develop proactive ideas beyond the briefs in hand.
- Spot future challenges and opportunities.
- You will be the voice of the client within their business to ensure they are accountable, on brief and looking to exceed expectations at each opportunity.
- You will guide the relationship to make each client contact feel personally valued by the agency, building strong, long lasting relationships.
- You will report to the Client Services Director and you will manage a team of client services staff who will be responsible for the delivery of the work you secure.
- Working with the CSD, you will agree and monitor the level of resource and effort required for each client account, both for projects and development activities, to meet targets.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring the team is working efficiently and profitably and manage any associated devolved budgets as appropriate.
Client relationship and development activities:
- You will work with the CSD to set and meet targets for each client you lead on, updating their forecasted activity regularly.
- You will be responsible for managing the Client Development Plan & Activities for each client you lead on.
- You will use your close relationship with the client and your understanding of their business to engage in speculative work that answers the client’s challenges, is valued by them and leads to more work for the agency.
- You will undertake research and develop insights on your own and by working with the Strategy team, to further your client relationship and lead to new opportunities with them.
- You will hold Account Review & Planning meetings with key client contacts across each of your clients, at least Quarterly and involve the CSD as appropriate.
- You will also conduct a formal Client Evaluation to feed into these Account Reviews to ensure we are quoting consistently, adding value, being profitable, recording our successes and maintaining excellent service.
- Working with the MD, CSD and Marketing and New Business Team, you will co-ordinate Marketing activities or campaigns for our existing clients including generating case studies, blogs, testimonials and other measures of success.
- For each client you lead you will be responsible for the management of a Client Development budget
The successful candidate:
Previous experience in a similar position is essential.
Experience in managing clients at this level in an agency environment or similar is key.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.