Role: Account Director
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client are a strategic creative agency based in Sheffield.
An experienced agency professional, you will be responsible for leading a client group, achieving financial targets and managing client relationships. Your role will be a crucial mix of leading and managing a team of client services staff to ensure high quality service delivery and the developing of clients in order to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
Using your extensive knowledge of your clients and their sector, you will be able to proactively spot opportunities and be comfortable in working with big brands. You will have proven experience of developing and growing client accounts, a solid understanding of branding and marketing, and a passion for inspiring great creative that can help your clients unlock their challenges.
You will lead a team of client services staff and will have proven experience of managing and developing a team to achieve their best individually and collectively. You will inspire and support your team to provide the best service possible.
Key purpose of role:
- To lead a client group and be responsible for growing all clients within that group to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
- To be actively involved in the conversion of new business and the subsequent managing of these clients going forward.
You will report to the Client Services Director.
- Your focus will be on building key relationships within a clients’ business to achieve growth. You will be strategically and commercially minded and will be a trusted advisor for your clients.
- You will lead and develop their relationship with the agency and core members of their account team. You will seek to add value at all times to establish our client as their ‘go to’ agency.
- You will have a clear understanding of your clients’ business needs, objectives and challenges to ensure you can:
- Offer a valuable strategic viewpoint.
- Provide genuine solutions to their problems and quickly mobilise an approach to get working on the answer.
- Develop proactive ideas beyond the briefs in hand.
- Spot future challenges and opportunities.
- You will be the voice of the client within our business to ensure we are accountable, on brief and looking to exceed expectations at each opportunity.
- You will guide the relationship to make each client contact feel personally valued by the agency, building strong, long lasting relationships.
- You will report to the Client Services Director and you will manage a team of client services staff who will be responsible for the delivery of the work you secure.
- Working with the CSD, you will agree and monitor the level of resource and effort required for each client account, both for projects and development activities, to meet targets.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring the team is working efficiently and profitably, and manage any associated devolved budgets as appropriate.
Client relationship and development activities
- You will work with the CSD to set and meet targets for each client you lead on, updating their forecasted activity regularly.
- You will be responsible for managing the Client Development Plan & Activities for each client you lead on.
- You will use your close relationship with the client and your understanding of their business to engage in speculative work that answers the client’s challenges, is valued by them and leads to more work for the agency.
- You will undertake research and develop insights on your own and by working with the Strategy team, to further your client relationship and lead to new opportunities with them.
- You will hold Account Review & Planning meetings with key client contacts across each of your clients, at least Quarterly and involve the CSD as appropriate.
- You will also conduct a formal Client Evaluation to feed into these Account Reviews to ensure we are quoting consistently, adding value, being profitable, recording our successes and maintaining excellent service.
- Working with the MD, CSD and Marketing and New Business Team, you will co-ordinate Marketing activities or campaigns for our existing clients including generating case studies, blogs, testimonials and other measures of success.
- For each client you lead you will be responsible for the management of a Client Development budget
Role in delivery of work
You will work with Studio and your team to ensure all client work is successfully delivered, it is creatively inspiring, exceeds our client’s expectations and meets the highest standards of quality.
- You will use your knowledge of your clients and your experience to write and deliver exciting creative briefs, challenging expectations and proving clarity of objectives for the team.
- With your client group, you will agree the project scope, budget and timescales with the client.
- You will be a key part of the internal review process, providing the voice of the client and adding your own understanding to how we meet the brief as well as challenging the creative solutions presented.
- You’ll work to “sell in” our strategic and creative approach to your clients, through attending key milestones such as kick off meetings, concept presentations, strategic insight and recommendations.
- You’ll keep in touch with the client contacts throughout the project delivery to ensure we’re meeting expectations, hitting our deadlines and answering the brief.
- Your team will act as the day to day contact for the clients, keeping projects on track and driving them through the agency and involving you as per the agreed project specification.
The successful candidate:
Will be an experienced Account Director, or Senior Account Manager ready to take the next step. You will come from a strategic marketing background, and ideally experienced of working within an agency.
You’ll be commercially driven and able to manage the detail through your team, whilst you focus on the big picture and overall client needs.
Fit is just as important as skill here. Our client doesn’t do egos and work as one team to make things happen. Their challenging thinking approach means that they question everything and their dedication to producing effective and impactful work means that good enough isn’t good enough.
If you’re successful you’ll be rewarded with an outstanding benefits package which includes free city centre parking, healthcare, additional holiday entitlement and much more. And that’s all before their profit share scheme!
You’ll come with an abundance of ideas to help their agency grow.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.