Role: Account Manager
Salary: up to £40K DOE
Our client is a global group of companies who have been trading for over 30 years.
You will be responsible for the acquisition of new customers and development of the business with existing accounts. You will also maintain and develop the relationship with existing accounts and manage all aspects of the business with those accounts, whilst seeking to broaden the products sold.
A key aspect of the role will be to identify opportunities and manage new business development projects, by offering solutions and providing support, based on knowledge of the product portfolio.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: –
Maintaining and developing business at existing accounts
- Finding and converting new business opportunities using all available resources
- Development of new sales channels
- Working to achieve set sales targets / budgets
- Managing all aspects of the relationship with the customers
- Reporting, both for key suppliers and internally
The successful candidate:
It is essential that you are organised, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial. You are required to be results-oriented and have strong commercial and communication skills.
You will need to have:
- Several years’ experience in field sales, selling functional food ingredients to food manufacturers (b2b)
- The willingness to travel nationally
- Experience of managing relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of FMCG, Savoury, Brewing, Convenience or Free From categories is beneficial
- Product knowledge of Acacia, Fat powder, Sugar esters, Cacao or Inulin is beneficial
- CRM working practices
- Experience of budget and costings
- Competence with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in the food ingredients distribution sector would be advantageous
The role requires exceptional interpersonal qualities. You should be able to relate to customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
The role can be home office based if you don’t live close to the office in Chesterfield; in that case you would be expected to attend the office as and when required.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.