Role: Business Development Executive
Salary: circa £20,000 per annum depending on experience plus annual profit share
Our client is an award winning integrated marketing agency.
Key Purpose of Role
- To identify, follow up on and secure new business opportunities to contribute to the growth of the business
- To build and maintain our database of influential marketers – this will be done via a mix of desk research, calls and meetings.
- To set up new business meetings with our target audience
- To work closely with the Business Development Director to ensure we explore all key opportunities and maximise our conversations with the UK’s most senior marketing professionals
- You will report to the Business Development Director.
Growth of the business
- Build relationships with an existing base of contacts, principally by telephone, e-mail and social media, ensuring all opportunities are explored to set up new business meetings
- Identify opportunities by assessing client needs, developing relationships and maintaining a healthy pipeline
- Work closely with the Business Development Director to identify additional opportunities, produce leads and establish relationships with potential new clients
- Follow up specific marketing campaigns in a timely manner
- Send out company literature to potential clients as necessary
Market research and intelligence
- Support the Business Development Director to spot new business opportunities in our key industries
- Assist the Multi-Channel Marketing Executive, as required, with desktop research into target markets
- Monitor news in key sectors and share relevant insights
- Using all tools available, including Campaign Monitor and Lead Forensics to track engagement with our campaigns and follow up as necessary
- Competitor monitoring and analysis
Database management + reporting
- Increase our database of senior decision-makers
- Manage and maximise our existing database of contacts to ensure we are in front of as many senior decision-makers as possible at all times
- Report on progress and demonstrate where key opportunities for development are
- Identify past prospects for follow up calls to re-establish contact to sustain interest in our agency
The successful candidate:
Our client is looking for someone with a passion for sales and relationship management, that has a proactive approach and an eye for detail to spot new opportunities to grow their agency.
You will have previous experience in a B2B or B2C sales role, ideally within a marketing or creative industry, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll also have an extremely confident telephone manner as a big part of this role will be speaking with senior marketers at some of the UK’s largest businesses. Good listening skills and attention to detail will be key as will an ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and Outlook to organise meetings.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.