Role: Category Purchasing Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday (9am-5pm)
A highly driven, motivated team player with previous procurement and contract management experience.
- Responsible for daily procurement activities for Indirect products & services
- Manage all contracts within the Indirect portfolio in line with business policies and procedures.
- Work closely with key stakeholders both internal & external.
- Manage numerous projects at any one time whilst representing the Purchasing department at key stakeholder meetings.
- Provide cover for the purchasing manager and direct purchasing as and when necessary.
- Sourcing new potential suppliers, negotiating quality, service, pricing and payment terms.
- Develop & implement relevant SLA’s/KPI’s to drive supplier continuous improvement.
- Monitor & report supplier performance.
- Renegotiate contracts targeting continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Build & maintain relationships with key strategic suppliers
The successful candidate:
- CIPS qualified or equivalent business qualification
- Previous procurement experience of at least 5 years
- Strong procurement and contract management knowledge & experience
- Possess a hands-on can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and an ability to organise, plan and prioritise core tasks.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A driven and motivated individual with strong analytical mindset and a desire to progress
- PRINCE2 Project Management qualification desirable but not essential
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer
Glu Recruit LTD ensure that all qualified applicants are considered for employment in the role that they have applied for, and any other suitable opportunity that we advertise without regard to age, belief, colour, ethnic/national origin, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or based on disability. If you require any additional support to apply for this role, or any other role that we advertise please contact us directly for assistance.