Role: CNC Technician
Salary: £25,000-£30,000K DOE
Hours: 37 Hours per week Monday- Friday
Our client are a group of manufacturing and engineering businesses that have been trading for over 40 year.
The duties listed below are not listed in any order of priority or importance and are not intended to restrict or prioritise the activities of the working day:
- To provide technical support to positively influence manufacturing performance within the CNC production cells.
- To challenge current manufacturing methods and procedures and develop best practice through standard operating procedures to drive improvement in quality, productivity, efficiency and waste reduction.
- To identify skill shortages & mentor existing employees to aid personal development and to add value to the manufacturing operation.
- To provide accurate information to enhance the decision making processes.
- Interpret in-house & customer engineering drawings, geometric tolerances, features & finishes.
- Program, set and operate a range CNC lathe machines with C & Y axis using Fanuc Controls.
- Program offline using InventorCam or package.
- Optimisation of current machining methods to maximise machining capabilities.
- Advise on tooling requirements for creating efficient machining strategies.
- Conduct production trials for evaluation purposes for new product developments.
- Advise on jig, fixture and tooling requirements to ensure for effective manufacture.
- Advise on cost reduction using quick change methods (SMED).
- Ability to demonstrate initiative whilst working adeptly & efficiently within time constraints.
- Have the ability to consistently maintain high levels of quality whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Support design and production engineering on the deployment of methodologies.
- Adhere to the quality standards, working to ISO 9001:2015.
- Engage with any identified training programmes deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties and assist in your personal development
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Relevant Engineering Qualifications, Engineering apprenticeship or experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in 3, 4 & 5 Axis CNC machine programming, setting and operating.
- Experience in CNC Turning, Milling and Sliding Head machinery
- Demonstrable knowledge of Fanuc control systems.
- Working knowledge of lean principles & practices.
- To be highly motivated and proactive with the ability to work well within a team environment but equally working with minimum supervision.
- To be able to think strategically and see the bigger picture.
- To be customer focussed. Both internal & external.
- To have a keen eye for quality.
- Capable of using various measuring and inspection equipment to include but not limited to Vernier calipers, Micrometers, Thread gauges and recently introduced Mitutoyo CMM.
- Identify and solve problems as they arise during production and work to tight tolerances
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.