Role: Commercial Insurance Broker
Salary: up to £25k DOE
My client is one of the top 75 insurance brokers in the country. They are focused on business growth and added value customer service.
To provide a quality service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements. To advise, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium
Duties within the role:
- Manage individual diary system
- Respond to allocated mail promptly
- Review insurances due for renewal
- Issue renewal invitations
- Relay instruction for cover and any related issues to insurer
- Provide written confirmation of cover/alterations and where appropriate cancellations to the client
- Enter new business and renewals onto the system, allocating the correct coding
- Exercise own judgment, based on knowledge and experience when reviewing proposals and referring where appropriate
- Draw customer’s attention to all information pertinent in clients insurances, including duty of disclosure, warranties and onerous conditions etc.
- Make written records of all conversations
- Deal with any telephone queries for new or existing business & provide suitable advice
- Take instructions relating to the provision of insurance cover from clients and Account Executive’s
- Check policy documents (including endorsements) for accuracy prior to receipt bu clients
- Handle the invoicing of premiums due
- Obtain quotes for new and renewal business, analysing information gathered and undertaking research to make suitable recommendations
The successful candidate:
- You will ideally have 3+ years’ experience of commercial and personal lines insurance broking.
- You will have experience of negotiating with insurance companies and have knowledge of general insurance and its underlying legal principles.
- You’ll have knowledge of FCA rules and guidelines relating to commercial and private customers.
- You will have a willingness to continue to develop knowledge of underwriting and related issues through formal and informal learning.
- You’ll be super organised and have the ability to prioritise your workload so that deadlines are adhered to.
- You’ll have the ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external customers and use good interpersonal and communications skills confidently over the telephone.
Glu Recruit are acting as an employment agent in respect of this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer.