Role: Communications Strategist
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Location: Sheffield (remote working for the foreseeable)
Our client is a strategic creative marketing agency.
You will be a confident and accomplished strategist with proven experience in digital communications and media liaison. Equally at home developing effective communications strategies and plans for B2B and B2C clients, for both national and International organisations and audiences. You’ll be able to turn your hand to developing solutions for household brands one day, to tackling more niche sectors for industry specialists the next.
- To support our growth as a strategic, creative agency by offering strategic solutions and consultancy for client development and new business.
- To take the lead and develop effective comms strategies and comms plans for clients that are relevant to their audience segment and specific challenges, using insight and intelligence to shape our approach. Working across products and services.
- To create insight-led communications strategies and actionable plans, utilising media and technology platforms to generate the best results for our clients.
- To share knowledge and expertise and gain consensus within the agency on our tools and processes for implementing communications strategies.
- To always question the client’s brief, using technology, research, insight and intelligence to uncover the real challenge at its heart and to influence the project’s direction of travel. + To lead key client meetings and workshops, ensuring a strategic and collaborative approach throughout to create effective, results-driven communications strategies and plans.
- To establish (and insist on!) clear KPIs and measurables at the outset of every project and to monitor success on an ongoing basis, recommending changes where necessary.
- Engagement and management of media partners, including media planners, partner agencies and sub-contractors in paid search, social and other.
- Working in collaboration with the Head of Content, Senior Strategist and Client Strategy Director, deliver an actionable, metric-driven marketing plan for the agency that is aligned with business objectives.
- Support the Marketing and Business Development teams in the execution of planned activity as outlined in our agency marketing plan.
- To ensure commercial awareness is applied to all work, ensuring we are working efficiently, using freelancers and sub-contractors effectively and considering the commercial implications on our recommendations for the agency and our clients.
- To support the conversion of new business opportunities that have a strong strategy and comms requirement, contributing to the agency’s response and approach in key pitches, proposals and conversations.
- To lead in the development and implementation of resources, training and ways of working, supporting the Brand Lead in embedding brand and comms strategy and planning across all client accounts and within the agency. + To champion the continued success of HubSpot and identify our opportunities for business growth in this area, working closely with the Head of Content.
You’ll be commercially driven, with a focus on the detail as much as the big picture.
You’ll have good knowledge and understanding of the Martech stack, as well as new developments in social. And you’ll always be looking for opportunities for our clients, proactively bringing new ideas to the table.
You’ll back all that up with a solid understanding of branding and marketing, and a passion for inspiring great creative and how it can help our clients unlock their challenges.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.