Role: Credit Control / Accounts Assistant
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm with a 30-minute paid lunch
Benefits: Westfield Health, in-house Yoga and meditation sessions (optional), regular training opportunities
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist with NHS & Private billing
- Jointly responsible for distributing NHS and Private Practice invoices
- Jointly responsible for maintaining the departments various filing systems
- To assist with bank reconciliation and cash sheets
- Regular monitoring of outstanding debt and taking prompt and appropriate action
- Reconciliation of patient accounts
- Running and reconciliation of aged debtors
- Chasing outstanding balances from patients, Insurance Companies and Solicitors Issuing shortfall, reminder, and final demand letters
- Taking card payments
The first point of contact to deal with telephone calls and general enquiries for the Accounts team. To provide accurate, prompt, and efficient administrative support to the Accounts team.
To work flexibly giving assistance to other teams to provide cover in the absence of Accounts Assistants within the Accounts team as required.
Undertake specific pieces of work, for example produce information as required by the Accounts team.
To perform any other duties to support the business of OHG as identified by the Finance Team Manager.
Key skills and behaviours:
- Experience of working in a finance role and specifically experience in credit control AAT qualified or by experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, using applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint on a daily basis with experience of using Sage 50
- Highly organised, able to prioritise daily workload
- Communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- A background in healthcare would be advantageous but not essential
- Living and promoting the One Health FIRST values and behaviours
- Positive attitude
Glu Recruit LTD ensure that all qualified applicants are considered for employment in the role that they have applied for, and any other suitable opportunity that we advertise without regard to age, belief, colour, ethnic/national origin, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or based on disability. If you require any additional support to apply for this role, or any other role that we advertise please contact us directly for assistance.
Administrator PermanentWakefield £19,000-£22,000 View Job 2 days ago
Medical Secretary TemporaryBatley £10 View Job 2 days ago
Maintenance Co-Ordinator TemporaryRotherham £9.50 View Job 7 days ago
Junior Finance Officer TemporarySheffield £10 View Job 7 days ago
Senior Administrator PermanentBarnsley £24,000-£27,000per annum View Job 1 week ago
Service Administrator TemporaryRotherham £20,000-£22,000 View Job 1 week ago
Lettings Administrator PermanentSheffield National Living Wage depending on age View Job 2 weeks ago
Head of Community & Events Fundraising PermanentSheffield £40,000Per Annum DOE View Job 2 weeks ago
Finance Manager PermanentChesterfield Up to£50,000Per Annum DOE View Job 2 weeks ago
Part Time Administrator PermanentRetford £10.00-£11.00Per hour View Job 2 weeks ago