Role: Credit Controller
Salary: Depending on experience
Our client supplies thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories and are a fast growing and award winning business.
Working as part of the finance team, you will see the full credit process through from start to end – from setting up new customer accounts, obtaining references and seeking credit rating reports, through to chasing payment, investigating claims and account reconciliation.
You will be responsible for your own portion of the ledger and will monitor that appropriate credit terms are in place and adhered to, using information from credit referencing services and seeking feedback from the sales team to determine suitable routes forward.
- Managing your own portion of the ledger to ensure prompt collection of outstanding debts.
- Working with the Sales Team to ensure prompt collection of outstanding debts, and prompt set-up of new customers.
- Performing due diligence checks in relation to setting up new customer accounts. Including but not limited to credit checks, address verification, AWRS & MHRA checks.
- Processing credit applications for your part of the ledger.
- Processing payments received via bank transfer and cheque onto the Sage Finance system.
- Performing account reconciliations and providing copy invoices and other documents to facilitate payments from customers.
- Working with the Customer Operations and Exports teams to facilitate the dispatch of orders in a prompt and timely manner.
- Working with the Warehouse team to investigate and resolve customer queries with stock which has already been delivered, including but not limited to shortages, damages, and expiry date issues.
- Liaising with nominated external haulage companies in order to return faulty/incorrect goods which have already been delivered to customers.
- Assisting the Credit Manager with any legal proceedings, as and when required.
The successful candidate:
- A confident communicator, with a polite but tenacious telephone manner and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- A commercial, common sense approach
- Experience within a comparable Credit Control role
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Excel and Word)
- Ability to operate at pace under pressure, whilst not sacrificing quality and accuracy
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi task
- Ability to confidently present an argument with clear rationale and reasoning
- An organised and considered approach, ensuring that you remain calm under pressure whilst enjoying a varied and challenging role
- Recognise the importance of attention to detail, yet awareness for the bigger picture
- Experience of Sage 1000
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.