Role: Data Analyst
Salary: Up to £24,000 DOE
Our client is a team of specialists working together to provide the best possible diagnosis and treatment for their patients.
Our client is looking for a Data Analyst to support the operational delivery and performance, using data collection, analysis, reporting and validation. In this newly created standalone post you will ensure delivery of business intelligence and/or data related products, tools and techniques to inform senior management and support the ongoing operations and strategic direction of the company.
You will work closely with all departments to suggest and develop tailored data analysis and written reports on performance. Taking the lead on populating the company corporate performance dashboard on a monthly basis, with Key Performance Indicators and management information.
The successful candidate:
We are looking for a highly numerate and literate Analyst who is motivated to develop the function with the Associate Director of Operations. You will be able to demonstrate sole responsibility in previous roles for data collection, analysis and effective reporting showing a logical approach to problem solving and pro-actively achieving results. Understanding of databases and having advance working knowledge of MS Office applications is essential, particularly Excel and Access. Experience of using PowerPoint to present information would also be advantageous.
You must have proven relevant experience in a data validation or a record checking role ideally gained within healthcare. Strong attention to detail is vital in this role, along with the ability to prioritise and organise your own workload. You’ll also need great communication skills – both verbally and written and be able to summarise findings in simple easy to understand terms to a non-technical audience. A team player, you’ll have a flexible, polite and positive can-do attitude.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with employees and external bodies to identify their requirements and tailor analysis and reports accordingly.
- Act as a point of reference on statistical and analytical techniques and methods, providing specialist advice and guidance.
- Assist other employees with data analysis queries relating to their roles on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
Planning and organisational skills
- Produce monthly analysis on the performance of the business units.
- Populate the company corporate performance dashboard on a monthly basis, with business Key Performance Indicators and management information.
- Prepare data and information to enable the business to meet its legal obligations under the Freedom of Information Act (2005).
- Produce data analysis for publication in the company Annual Report & Quality Accounts and for its website.
- Create, modify and review bespoke reports as and when required.
- Propose service changes in relation to the data analysis collation, which will have an impact across the company.
Analytical and judgemental skills
- Analyse, understand and interpret data from multiple sources to produce information and/or reports for the company Senior Management Team, The Board and internal service delivery teams.
- Develop statistical and analytical methods to produce regular statistically based analysis for external stakeholders, where required (e.g. NHS Trusts, CCG’s etc).
- Support internal stakeholders. This will include the production of detailed information and analysis for teams to review various performance metrics.
- Carry out periodic audits of the various data sources to ensure that the data is entered correctly.
- Where issues are identified, work with the relevant managers and staff to address the matters
- Develop internal databases where new requirements or functionality is required.
- Maintain appropriate security arrangements on internal databases to protect confidentiality.
Information Management responsibilities
- Lead on the collection, analysis, production and presentation of internal and external reports for internal projects, external initiatives and the wider organisational performance.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on statistical and information matters.
- Manage, develop and maintain internal databases.
- Have a detailed understanding of the systems used within the business
- To perform any other duties to support the business as identified by the Associate Director of Operations.
Key skills and behaviours
- Ability to collate, analyse and interpret complex datasets.
- Proven ability to work with operational teams to identify data problems and agree negotiated outcomes / actions.
- Ability to identify underlying problems by analysing information and find effective solutions.
- Ability to manage a workflow and achieve short deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to work in an environment where there are interruptions.
- Ability to work autonomously on a day to day basis, to work within broad occupational policies and targets and meet with manager at regular intervals to discuss progress, complex issues or areas of concern.
- Advanced level of reporting experience.
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience within a similar area of work.
- Extensive experience of working with a range of stakeholders to better understand their data and reporting requirements.
- Experienced to an Advanced Level of MS Excel and Access.
- Intermediate Level experience of MS PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Visio.
- Ability to produce written reports and summaries analysing complex data for users from ‘non-technical’ up to Board Level.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.