Role: Data Insights Manager
Salary: £27,000 – £37,000 pa depending on experience, plus excellent benefits
Our client is a social change charity, helping people to improve their lives through digital means .
The Data Insights Manager will be responsible for leading our clients reputation as an international expert in the data driven digital social change. You will do this through leadership of the Data Insights Team.
You will work closely with the Head of Research and Evaluation to contribute to the Research and Evaluation Team’s vision and how this delivers our clients strategy. You will apply your expert understanding and data skills to lead international and national quantitative research and evaluation projects, and strategically support service delivery programmes. With the support of the Research Analyst, you will directly deliver, and help others to deliver this work to a high standard – cascading effective and innovative approaches to working with data throughout the organisation.
You will proactively identify opportunities to exploit diverse data sets to create new data which are not currently being used or analysed which would be useful to the organisation and the delivery of its strategy. You will use this insight to plan and implement data collection approaches that measure performance against key organisational goals. You will provide data reports and analysis to colleagues as required, including the Director of Design Research and Communications, Head of Research and Evaluation, Head of Digital, Leadership Team, Senior Management Team and the Board. Measurement and data analysis is central to the improvement of our clients projects, products and services.
You will communicate our clients data findings and processes effectively to a variety of stakeholders (including our clients community partner network, funders, policy and academic partners) through high impact publications, research reports, presentations and social media.
The Successful Candidate:
- Experience of leading data or research teams, providing strategic support and influence
- Experience of leading research projects
- Experience of Web Analytics
- Experience using data visualisation
- Proven experience in using data tools, analysis and reporting
- Sound understanding of the role of databases in data storage and management
- Strong analysis skills – Advanced user of spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of leading data driven delivery programmes
- Programming experience to analyse extremely large datasets and to build tools that make data analysis easier
- Experience using MySQL and Postgres databases
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to understand and integrate data at a technical level
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Skills in providing high level communication using data visualisations.
- A strong natural curiosity and related skills to discover the meaning behind data
- Capacity to identify trends in existing data and to consider implications of these to the organisation
- Skills in report writing and using social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with, and provide training to, staff teams
- Ability to lead successful work streams or projects
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills
Education and Qualifications
- Degree (or equivalent) or equivalent experience in a relevant area (e.g. statistics, information technology, maths, economics, education, health) (Essential)
- A relevant Masters Degree (or equivalent) with evidence of research methods (Desirable)
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.