Role: Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:30pm
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
To be able to work under your own initiative and solve any problems whilst out on the road. You will be a face for the company as you will be delivering not only to internal departments but to external wholesale customers as well.
- Ensure you are always working to SOP guidelines (standard operating procedures)
- All paperwork including delivery manifests to be computerised and completed correctly
- Key eye for detail as all stock will manually be manifested before the daily run
- Any cleaning of an individual van to be kept up to date
- Ensuring all duties are carried out whilst working to the Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure good time keeping is always met
- Ensure that all the laws of driving are adhered to at all times
- To carry out any other duties asked of you by Management
The successful candidate:
A certificate in FLT reach truck would be preferred but not essential but a willingness to become trained on an FLT truck in the future as may be needed.
You will need to work under your own initiative, have a good eye for any subtle discrepancies that may occur and be willing to work any extra overtime hours as and when are needed, all the above will make you contribute to making the company a success and continue to grow in the future.
Time keeping is an essential part to this role, as we need to meet demands of customers and their expectations of when they will be receiving expected stock deliveries. Willingness to learn is essential as the daily runs will be constantly changing.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.