Role: Engineering Procurement Manager
- Enhanced pension
- 25 days annual leave and bank holidays
- Health care scheme
- Company profit bonus
- Monthly reward and recognition programme
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for organising and participating in the selection and management of suppliers in the UK and internationally.
- In charge of multiple bespoke project purchasing programmes, including forecasting demand for services and products.
- Communicate and work closely with our contract managers and financial teams
- Able to build long-term and stable partnership relationships with key suppliers, to maintain continuity of supply, to reduce the synthetical cost of procurement, and to obtain competitive advantage in procurement area.
- Analyse procurement demand and the market, to achieve objectives of procurement cost control and lower general cost of procurement.
- Identify risks from the ever-evolving procurement environment, set up and implement a risk mitigation plan to maintain consistent supply levels.
- Organise communication with suppliers periodically according to the requirements of that category to build durable relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure supplier expectations are clearly defined and that suppliers are committed to achieving goals and objectives in the areas of Compliance, Quality, Cost Competitiveness and Delivery.
- Drive and enhance supplier management processes and guidelines.
- identifying opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness of communications and supplier relationship building activities.
- Promote and encourage cross functional participation from all areas of the business, including production, contract management and finance.
- Run tenders, evaluate bids, and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors.
The successful candidate:
- Experience in mechanical engineering
- Great attitude
- An MCIPS qualification, or studying towards is advantageous but not essential
- Can work to tight deadlines
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.