Role: Goods Inwards Assistant
Salary: Above National Minimum Wage
Duration: Temp to Perm
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00 Fridays 08:30 – 15:45
Our client manufacts and supplies global markets with the highest quality bolts and fasteners for the Wind, Construction, Tunnelling, Rail, Oil and Gas Sectors.
- Unloading deliveries
- Recording all receipts
- Checking deliveries are correct
- Report any discrepancies with deliveries
- Booking stock into the computer system
- Processing stock going out for Sub-Contract work
- Stock replenishment
- Maintaining stock accuracy
- Stock taking
- Forklift truck duties
- Any other required duties within reason towards job role and department.
The successful candidate:
Must have previous goods inwards experience with the ability to work using their own initiative and as part of a team.
You should be physically fit, have the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst ensuring highest standards of Health & Safety are maintained.
Must possess good numeracy and communication skills.
Must have a reasonable understanding of basic IT and ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
Must have a full UK driving license (points may be considered)
Must hold a current Reach & Counterbalance Forklift Truck Certificates.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.