Role: Graduate .NET Web Developer
Salary: £18,000-£25,000 per annum depending on experience level
Our client are a print marketing business whose background is in buying and managing print services for their customers. With ambitious growth plans they aim to driving up marketing ROI through omni-channel marketing campaigns
The IT team is the engine that drives innovation and competitive advantage throughout the business. And as one of the software engineers, you will be right at the heart of things – helping the business carry on with the transformation of this 500 year old industry and making them the most effective and efficient operator around.
Our client need a new developer to join their agile team based in Bicester.
You’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining and updating applications. Which means you’ll need to be able to hit the ground running and be happy to work as part of a very focused team. You also need to be pro-active, a quick learner and be able to communicate ideas, problems and solutions in a user-friendly way to everyone from the office junior to the CEO.
The successful candidate:
– Ideally, 1+ years of .Net development experience in a placement year, or whilst at University
– Knowledge of Entity Framework
– Understanding of MVC patterns
– Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
– Experience working in an organised and methodical way, using source control
– Excellent organisational and time management skills
– Ability to write code adhering to good coding practices
– Strong OOP fundamentals and problem solving skills
– Experience styling web-pages using HTML, CSS and Sass
– Excellent debugging skills & a strong ability to produce documentation
– Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
– Tolerant of high pressure environment and working to tight deadlines
– Pragmatic attitude to the balance between doing things right and doing things quickly
– Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humour and a great attitude
– Engaged with & enthusiastic about modern technology
– Ability to work well with others
Desirable experience required:
– Experience in gathering and documenting requirements from internal clients
– Experience with agile methodologies
– Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
– Familiarity and development experience with Web services
– Experience with Visual Studio and NuGet Packages
– Experience of dealing with cross browser compatibility and cross device responsiveness.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.