Role: Graduate Operations Specialist
Our client are a manufacturer, distributor and reseller.
Support the Head of Global Operations with the day-to-day running of a busy distribution centre. This position will focus on implementing improvements that will yield high productivity and efficiency gains that can be implemented locally and rolled out to our global warehouse and operations network.
- Complete analysis on key operational areas in conjunction with the management team and drive improvements both locally and globally across the operations network
- Review current S&OP’s ensuring both alignment to processes and universal understanding and adherence to same by staff
- Review the use of technology on all processes and systems and identify improvement opportunities
- Support the Head of Global Operations on the delivery of key initiatives within the warehouse operations and ensure that agreed plans are implemented
- Be a key project stakeholder ensuring delivery to agreed deadlines and standards
- Research and develop skills in automation processes and become a subject matter expert in this area over time
- Play and active role in the implementation of automated systems within the operational warehouse areas, acting on behalf of the Head of Global Operations
- Gain a full understand of all operational areas and aspects of the business to include, but not limited to: Health & Safety, Human Resources , Training, Customs Management and Logistics
The successful candidate:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a warehousing/operations environment
- Degree qualified in logistics, supply chain or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of warehousing processes and the day-to-day operations of a busy distribution centre
- Automation experience is a distinct advantage but not essential
- Available to work full-time Monday to Friday at our Thurnscoe based distribution centre
- Willingness to travel abroad to our network of manufacturing sites and warehouses as required
- Possess a continuous professional development and growth mindset to develop skills in warehousing, logistics and automation processes
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.