Role: Head of Community & Events Fundraising
Location: Sheffield, Office based role with some regional travel as required
Salary: Circa £40,000 – £45,000 Dependent on experience
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Head of Community & Events Fundraising to help develop and drive forward our ambitious growth plans for this area.
The Head of Community & Events Fundraising will be responsible for managing the existing community and events team, whilst also delivering their own individual income target and the overall strategy.
- Working with the Charity CEO you will develop and deliver the team strategy and operational plans in line with budget and an excellent return on investment
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Community and Events team and highly effective supporter communications and stewardship.
- Actively grow the number of both new and returning supporters.
- Ensure that relationships with community and event fundraisers, groups and volunteers are managed and stewarded to the highest standards – motivating, recognising, and rewarding fundraisers to encourage their long-term support.
- Lead innovation in the team; and manage and develop existing and new products and initiatives to increase income and raise awareness.
- Keep abreast of fundraising trends so the Charity is a model of best and innovative practice.
- Oversee the recruitment, management and motivation of volunteers – including our Volunteer Ambassadors – who will fundraise and raise awareness on behalf of the Charity.
- Manage and oversee effective relationships with suppliers and agencies.
- Use analysis, insight and audience understanding to inform decision making and further develop Community and Event Fundraising.
- Ensure KPIs and reports are in place to support successful delivery of activities and performance.
- Manage income and expenditure budgets, ensuring accurate forecasting, strong financial management and ownership of income targets and KPIs.
- Lead the Community and Events team, effectively, retaining and coaching team members to develop skills, motivation and performance.
- Manage staff (and volunteers) in line with Charity policy and practice, developing and retaining skills, ensuring motivation and performance.
- Work in partnership with the Communications Team to ensure the brand is developed and promoted to increase the climate of support for Community and Events Fundraising.
- Work in partnership with other areas of Fundraising (Philanthropy, Corporate Partnerships & Trusts and Foundations) to maximise the total lifetime fundraising potential of supporters, and awareness opportunities, Charity.
- Build positive, supportive and effective working relationships with colleagues across the charity
- Have a strong working knowledge of the Charity vision, mission and impact.
- To complete any other duties and responsibilities as requested, commensurate with this role, and to work at all times in compliance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice and Charity Policy.
Person specification Qualifications/Knowledge/Skills:
- Proven track record of working in the third sector with a minimum of three years in a management role.
- At all times delivering a motivated and can-do approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills including face to face, written and phone.
- Strong, confident presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence supporters to maximise their fundraising
- A flexible approach with a strong focus on results Experience
- Substantial experience of Community & Events Fundraising and strong track record of income growth from community and events fundraising
- Developing and delivering strategy and supporting operational plans
- Working with volunteers and volunteer management
- Financial management including budgeting and forecasting.
- Planning and delivering projects.
- Using databases (ideally Harlequin).
Glu Recruit LTD ensure that all qualified applicants are considered for employment in the role that they have applied for, and any other suitable opportunity that we advertise without regard to age, belief, colour, ethnic/national origin, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or based on disability. If you require any additional support to apply for this role, or any other role that we advertise please contact us directly for assistance.
Lean & Six Sigma Coach PermanentSheffield £35,000-£38,000 View Job 5 hours ago
People & Business Support Manager PermanentRotherham £25,000-£30,000 View Job 1 day ago
Customer Service Advisor TemporarySheffield £10.40 View Job 2 days ago
Utilities Administrator TemporarySheffield £9.88 View Job 2 days ago
Training Centre Manager PermanentRotherham £30,000 View Job 3 days ago
Customer Service Adviser TemporaryNormanton £9.50-£9.50 View Job 4 days ago
Account Manager PermanentCastleford £25,000-£27,000 View Job 4 days ago
Legal Secretary PermanentManchester DOE View Job 1 week ago
Support Co Ordinator TemporarySheffield £9.90 View Job 1 week ago
Scheduler PermanentSheffield £23,000per annum View Job 1 week ago