Role: Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Cleckheaton / part remote working available with travel to the office
Salary: £40,000 per annum plus company car/allowance
Our client is an award-winning family run business and a team of specialist advisors.
They have been trading for over 18 years and place significance on traits such as respect, honesty and integrity. These core principles run right through their business and as a result, in all their dealings with clients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor, who can hit the ground running, enabling them to continue to deliver a high level health & safety service to their growing client base of SMEs.
Their client base is varied in both size and industry so this role would suit someone with generalist experience with an advisory on consultancy background. You can be advising an engineering firm with high risk plant one day and a local estate agency the next. The work is fresh, dynamic and engaging providing a platform for professional growth.
Duties within the role include:
- To provide excellent Health and Safety advice and support to SME clients in line with latest legislation and best practice.
- Conduct onsite compliance audits on behalf of client companies to assess and evaluate their workspace including producing a comprehensive report of findings and recommendations.
- Develop and install a full range of health & safety policies and procedures to govern organisational operations and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, for our clients.
- To develop and deliver a range a basic health & safety training courses including risk assessments, manual handling, DSE etc.
- To ensure all advice is solution focused, accurate and timely.
- To support and coach clients with successful completion of risk assessments and method statements.
- To assist clients with applications for CHAS and safe contractor.
- To write Health and Safety articles and comment pieces for marketing and PR purposes as and when required.
- To identify and highlight upselling opportunities where appropriate.
- Engage with and promote the businesses core values and always represent the company in a professional manner.
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate for the position of Health & Safety Advisor will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
Qualification and Experience:
- NEBOSH qualified.
- Experience working in an advisory and/or consultancy capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and the ability to apply this in a proactive and practical manner.
- Experience of applying health & safety across a broad range of industries.
- Previous experience of delivering training preferred but not essential provided candidate has a willingness to develop in this area.
- CDM experience desirable.
- Rationale thinker with a sound commercial awareness and an understanding for business.
- Excellent communication skills in writing and interpersonal communication and the ability to influence at an executive level.
- Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent time management / organisational skills.
- Good team player and independent worker.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Must exhibit a commitment to continuous personal learning.
- Desire to work within an ambitious team and provide clients with an excellent service.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.