Role: HR Manager
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client provides innovative solutions to help employers and their workforce
Our client has a vacancy for the role of HR Manger based in their Sheffield Office, with responsibility for approximately 100 staff located in the UK and Continental Europe.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for maintaining the company’s HR policies and processes and in doing so, help support all departmental managers in the business.
Your primary role will be to take responsibility for the upkeep of all HR policies and documentation ensuring adherence to legal and other regulatory requirements, the company’s employee handbook and to identify and create new HR processes needed to support our staff. Your focus should be on ensuring the smooth running of our HR function, making sure all staff are looked after and the business well informed on the latest employment laws and practices, covering both the UK and International operations.
Other tasks under your responsibility will include:
- Provide ongoing support & advice to all departmental managers as required in recruitment, disciplinary and grievance processes
- Ensuring HR records are kept up to date
- Maintenance and development of HR systems to assure optimal use and to ensure it meets business requirements (i.e. “fit for purpose”)
- Standardisation of HR policies and procedures wherever possible across different geographies
- Maintenance of core Health and Safety records, policies and procedures
- Managing the process for security checking all new staff joining the company (BS7858 is a key standard our business needs to abide by)
- Overseeing the on-boarding process for new recruits and attending probationary review meetings with departmental managers
- Assisting with any HR issues arising from our EU based team
- Manage ongoing relationships with external HR advisors
- Management of staff benefit schemes
- Play a leading role in a range of employee engagement initiatives
The successful candidate:
This role is best suited to a CIPD qualified / accredited HR Professional with proven SME HR Manager experience in a similar role. You should be able to demonstrate the key character attributes inherent in a high quality ‘people person’ as well as being able to demonstrate the following essential knowledge and characteristics:
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Employment Law. Additionally a working knowledge of EU employment law and practice, particularly Dutch, German and French, would be of benefit
- Confidentiality and ability to work in a discreet and responsible manner
- Have the ability to present data in a concise, structured and meaningful way
- Have a good standard of written English
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct challenging conversations
- Commercial awareness and an eye for detail
- Ability to build trust with People and Managers
- Able to work without close supervision
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic business in a role with potential for growth and personal development.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 p.a. + Pension
Private Health Scheme
20 days annual leave (rising to 24) + statutory holidays
Professional working environment
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.