Role: IT Field Engineer
Salary: Up to £32K DOE
Our client are a rapidly growing MSP with client’s throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands. Having started life in 2002 they now have a team of 50 people operating out of a large, newly refurbished office in Chesterfield.
As an IT Field Engineer you will be responsible for providing post sale implantation, on-site support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This will include planning and implementing on-site new installation works and carrying out on-site fix works when required.
You may also be required to take the technical lead on specific customers carrying out regular, routine onsite scheduled visits to provide a proactive approach to our service delivery programme.
You will be expected to provide feedback and assist the Implementation Operational Lead to ensure your individual and team SLA’s and KPI’s are achieved.
The IT Field Engineer will carry out work in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience to meet customers’ expectations. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times taking ownership of situation until resolution has been achieved.
- Prepare detailed project plans for major implementations
- Plan, install and close new implementations in line with budget and to the customers satisfaction
- Provide end user, post implementation training where require.
- Strive to achieve first time fix for on-site, break fix works.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority.
- Record all works within the company’s ticketing system, and adhere at all times to the company’s quality system and the documented processes and procedures.
- Record all works completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide remote implementation services where required.
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Operations Manger and relevant customer Account Manager.
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets
- Mange you own work load effectively
- Maintain internal controls and procedures providing recommendations for improvements where applicable
- Achieve operational and quality standards
The successful candidate:
This role would be best suited to someone who is
- Self -motivated and enthusiastic
- Has Good communication skills/written and verbal
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Excellent ownership skills
- Good technical problem solving skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the IT industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP.
Have knowledge and qualifications of :
- IP Addressing and routing configuration and fault finding
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange / 0365
- Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems (inc migrations)
- Working knowledge of virtualisation- preferably using VMware
- IP Telephony Solutions
- Proven experience in working to project plans and timescales
- Proven track record of working on a field engineer team
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.