Role: IT Field Engineer
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 per annum depending one experience
Our client are a rapidly growing managed service provider with client’s throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
As an End User Engineer you will be responsible for providing post sale implementation, break/fix on-site support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This will include implementing new on-site and remote installation works and carrying out on-site break fix works when required.
You will also be required to carry out regular, routine onsite scheduled visits to provide a proactive approach to our service delivery programme.
The End User Engineer is expected to carry out work in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience to meet customer’s expectations. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times taking ownership of situation until resolution has been achieved.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Work closely with the customer to provide a successful relationship and excellent customer service
- Strive to achieve first time fix for on-site, break fix works.
- Assist to plan, install and close out new implementations in line with budget and to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Provide end user, post implementation training where required.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to customer staff at all levels of technical knowledge and authority.
- Record all works within the ticketing system, and adhere at all times to theQuality System and the documented processes and procedures.
- Ticket ownership end-to-end throughout its life cycle
- Record all works completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Operations Manager and relevant customer Account Manager.
- Achieve company objectives and individual targets.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures providing recommendations for improvements where applicable.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times when representing the business
- Work to the agreed KPI’s set (individually/team)
- Deal with other issues or requests required by the business
- Achieve operational and quality standards.
The successful candidate:
You will be experienced in remote and on site IT support and looking to develop in a career providing support to clients on site across the region.
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange / O365
- Proven experience in working to timescales
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills/written & verbal.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Excellent ownership skills
- Good technical problem solving skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within an IT & Telecoms MSP
- MCSA / MCSE
- IP Addressing and routing configuration and fault finding
- Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware
- IP Telephony Solutions
- Proven track record of working on a field engineer team
Glu Recruit is an equal opportunities employer.