Role: IT Project Engineer
Salary: £28,000 – £33,000 per annum
Our client are award winning experts in their field.
As a Project Engineer, you will implement a wide range of technical solutions for customers – new / upgrade of existing IT infrastructure, such as installation, migration and troubleshooting for solutions including server infrastructures, network infrastructure, cloud and telephony platforms.
You will become the preferred engineer to a set of specified accounts.
You will work closely with the Operations Manager, Technical Architect, and Tech Pre-sales to ensure all projects are delivered efficiently to the customer’s satisfaction.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- To deliver highly technical solutions across a wide spectrum of environments
- Work closely with the customer to provide a successful relationship and excellent customer service
- Deliver IT Projects in a timely manner, meeting agreed timescales
- Provide regular, accurate and concise updates to the customer
- Set up and maintain the customer documentation for each client to ensure knowledge is shared across the business
- Provide input during project planning stage that may benefit from customer knowledge
- Attend client meetings as a technical advisor
- Work with all areas of the business to deliver a successful project
- Record all works within the ticketing system ensuring that regular updates are placed on all assigned open tickets
- Prioritise and categorise tickets to provide efficient progression
- Ticket ownership end-to-end throughout its life cycle
- Logging calls with 3rd party companies
- Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Account Manager
- Proactively identify issues before they arise as well as identifying any recurring tickets (i.e.) problems
- Aid in the creation and management of a technical Knowledgebase
- Provide technical training or assistance to other members of staff as and when required
- Support and follow processes to provide a consistent approach to customer service and within the team
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times when representing the business
- Work to the agreed KPI’s set (individually/team)
- Deal with other issues or requests required by the business
The successful candidate:
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 year’s experience in an IT environment
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in an Implementation role
- Formal Microsoft Accreditation
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of virtualisation – preferably using VMware
- Strong Networking knowledge with multiple technologies
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills/written & verbal.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works.
- Excellent customer service
- Good technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Remain calm and punctual under pressure
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.