Role: Medical Administrator
Salary: £17,160 per annum
Our client is a team of specialists working together to provide the best possible diagnosis and treatment for their patients.
To provide administrative support to a group of Orthopaedic, Spinal, General, Gynaecological and Urological Consultants, working flexibly with other administrative staff within the team.
You will plan, manage and co-ordinate all Consultants diaries, booking clinics, booking theatres, making appointments etc. You will be the first point of contact for all patients and are on hand to offer advice and deal with all patient enquiries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To deal with telephone calls and general enquiries
- To provide accurate, prompt and efficient administrative support to the Patient Liaison Team
- To work flexibly giving assistance to other staff members and to provide cove in the absence of other administrative staff within the Patient Liaison Department as required
- To ensure confidentiality of patient records
- To take responsibility for all incoming Patient Liaison post, acting on and distributing as appropriate
- Jointly responsible for the administration of the E-Referral Service
- Jointly responsible for the maintenance and updating of Consultant clinic/theatre schedules, ensuring that this is always accurate
- Undertake specific pieces of work, for example produce information as required by the team
- Diary management as required for the Consultants to include appointments/meetings etc
- Maintain audit information as required by the team
- Prioritise daily workload
- Participate in the induction of new team members and trainees as far as the administration systems within the team are concerned
- To undertake other appropriate duties as directed, being adaptable to service needs/changes
The successful candidate:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proficient in the use of IT e.g. Word, excel and outlook
- Well organized
- Effective communication skills
- Positive attitude
- A friendly, warm, empathetic/reassuring manner
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.