Role: Mortgage Underwriter Support (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Our client is an independent financial services organisation, who are highly regarded for their exemplary customer service.
We have a unique opportunity for someone to join our clients’ team as an Underwriter Support on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
- To provide effective support to the Mortgage Underwriters from receipt of mortgage application through to issuing of the Mortgage Offer up to legal completion.
- Effectively process mortgage applications which includes gathering and analysing applicant information, proactively chasing all documentation required, instructing references, undertaking and reviewing credit searches and processing fee payments.
- Effectively handling inbound and outbound telephone calls, email and postal communications with applicants, solicitors and intermediaries.
- Provide a professional, personalised and efficient service to both new and existing mortgage customers by taking personal ownership of customer queries ensuring appropriate outcomes are provided.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of the IT systems by participating in IT system testing
- To carry out a variety of mortgage administrations tasks as and when required.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 2 years working in an administration role
- 2 years working in a customer services role
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Honesty, integrity and commitment
- Mortgage knowledge/experience desirable however not essential
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.