Role: .NET Developer (GIS experience)
Salary: £27,751 – £50,559 per annum depending on experience
Our client is looking for an experienced and talented Software Developer to develop, test, document, and implement solutions for their clients and devices. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have experience working in agile teams, and excellent communication skills.
- Develop solutions for their product offerings using .NET languages and your experience of GIS solutions
- Work closely with a Team Lead and a UI team to deliver stable, efficient, and scalable solutions.
- Be proud of stable, reliable, and secure code.
Duties in the role will include:
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with product managers, business stakeholders, and software developers
- Work iteratively and exhibit a happy willingness to incorporate feedback during the design process
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on an overall design roadmap fundamental principles
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute substantially to team goals set by the Manager
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by a Manager
The successful candidate:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant, real-world development experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing software and publishing maps using GIS technology, including various map engines such as Google Maps, QGIS and ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience adding mapping detail layers such as indoor floor plans to map engines and publishing to web-based software applications
- Experience with a Real-Time Location Service (RTLS), preferably at a development level
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts utilizing spatial analysis and map projections with the GeoJSON data format
- 5+ years of experience with .NET languages (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET/ MVC, .Net Core) leveraging Visual Studio 2015 and above
- Strong understanding of relational database design and Microsoft SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Convert Designs into working interfaces
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Self-Motivated, especially if working from home
- Experience working in TFS and/or GIT
- Production experience building Azure services and migrating applications to the Cloud, utilizing Azure Functions, Logic app and Data Factories.
Additional Desired Skills
- Development experience with ESRI ArcGIS or QGIS
- Experience with cloud-based SaaS application development (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with big data search platforms such as Elastic Search
- Experience integrating IoT devices collecting GPS and location data
- Experience working with a version control tool ideally Git.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience creating and implementing RESTful web services
- Ability to create unit tests
- Ability to create behavioural unit tests
- Mentoring Junior Developers
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.