Role: Packing Manager
Salary: Up to £30K DOE
Our client supplies thousands of product lines across all FMCG categories and are a fast growing and award-winning business.
In this newly created position, you will report into the Head of Operations to successfully manage the Contract Packing Team.
Duties within the role:
- Lead the team in completing orders, as per the relevant job sheet, on time and on budget
- Instruct pick lists to be put out where Contract Packing work is required
- Count and check lines before and after the contract packing process to ensure accuracy
- Quote packing costs for Buying / Sales / Customer Operations
- Monitor permanent and agency staff levels to ensure the function is adequately manned and are achieving the correct cost per order
- Set up the order in the most efficient manner, continuously monitoring progress to ensure the correct speeds are maintained
- Keep the Head of Operations, and other necessary departments, such as Customer Operations / Sales informed of any tight deadlines, date changes or if the order is unachievable
- Manage left over stock ensuring it is returned accordingly
- Effectively manage the Contract Packing programme, prioritising pick lists for the Warehouse Managers and manage dummy PO’s
The successful candidate
- Previous experience of leading a team in a similar environment
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to work at pace
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Professional attitude
Any experience using JDA Dispatcher Warehouse Management System would be advantageous but not essential.
Glu recruit are an equal opportunities employer.