Role: Part Time Payroll Officer
Salary: Up to £28k per annum
Hours: 24 hours split over any days you wish
Our client is a global manufacturer.
To manage the full end to end processing of payroll for Knowsley and Rushden Sites including a number of overseas and Tosaf employees. To support the FC & HR manager in the delivery of a high-class payroll function
- Process the monthly payroll using Equator Software and Tensor Time & Attendance System, including timely creation and submission of EPS and FPS to HMRC.
- Work collaboratively with HR & Finance to ensure all payroll information is accurately received.
- Inputting and set up of new starters & leavers, calculation and processing of statutory payments including manual calculations of SSP, SMP, SPP, holiday pay, pro rata payments. Issue of payslips, P45’s, payroll year end and P11D benefit statements
- Take end to end ownership and responsibility for managing employee related payroll queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure Tensor is up to date.
- Engagement and communication with key stakeholders.
- Download Tax codes from payroll software
- Manage own workload.
- Point of contact for client queries and external bodies including HMRC, HMCTS, DWP and pension providers.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all payroll information is received and all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Using existing knowledge of processing and administration of auto enrolment in payroll and liaising with pension providers.
- Uploading of childcare vouchers.
- Submission of EPS and FPS to HMRC.
- Creation and submission of BACS payment file.
- AOE reports and pay over to relevant 3rd parties.
- Uploading and submission of pension files to different scheme providers ensuring new starters have been auto enrolled.
- Provide appropriate payroll advice and support to employees on key issues.
- Create and submit payments for both Social Club and union payments.
- Keep adequate up-to-date payroll records to ensure compliance with company and government policies.
- Ensure knowledge is up to date with all current legislation and changes.
- Calculate and submit claim for furlough payments (or other government grants), ensuring all records are maintained.
- Identify continuous improvement.
- Ad hoc tasks linked to payroll.
The successful candidate:
- CIPP or Payroll qualification
- Experience of end to end payroll, TAX, HMRC, PENSIONS and possibly used clocking in systems.
- Minimum two – years full end to end payroll experience
- Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with payroll software an advantage
- Strong attention to detail required
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.