Role: Product Development Manager
Salary: Up to £55k DOE
Our client has been delivering market leading technology and innovative solutions for almost 20 years.
The role of Product Development Manager is to lead, manage and be accountable for the specification of all product developments, both hardware & software platform related. The role holder will need to focus wide and act as a funnel to capture feedback & comment from all company markets filtering into the product roadmap. Keeping a close eye on technology developments as well as other factors impacting (positive or negative) on our market should also be the goal. You will be responsible for delivery of product and management of the product roadmap.
Your team will be responsible for four broad areas of support, you will be responsible for the quality output of this team, ensuring its exceptional performance:
- Product Management – product specifier & interface between our ‘providers’ (internal & some external) and our sales & marketing resources.
- User Experience – design & map the optimal way in which our products are used & engaged with to ensure maximum adoption & customer satisfaction.
- 2nd line Technical Support – supporting 1st line customer services teams & sales teams in all markets.
- Product testing and accreditations – Before and during product life cycles.
You will also be responsible for:
- On-time & on-budget delivery of exceptional products.
- Working with the Vice President of Product Operations, Director of Software Development and Chief Technology Officer, help create, manage, and review the company’s product roadmap that will support our strategic growth goals.
- Ensure every product development has a clear business justification including ROI estimates.
- Ensure communication on products and their support out to the wider company community (staff/stakeholders/customers) is always clear and effective.
- Ensure own and teams’ deep knowledge of all products & their supporting infrastructure. Including knowledge of cellular network technologies.
- Jointly chair regular Decision Review Board (DRB) meetings and lead on requirements gathering and market feedback.
- ‘Own’ your departments use of respective road mapping tools.
- Seek out & deliver continuous improvements to testing (inc best practices) & our products.
- Work with our production and operations teams to introduce new products.
- Proactively engage with UK, EU and US sales & marketing leaders and make them aware of new product introduction plans and target dates, work with them to craft key marketing messages and USPs
- Help identify value add features that differentiate us in the marketplace and add real value to customers, supporting high customer retention.
- Ensure that solutions delivered are compliant with country specific data protection regulations (inc but not exclusively GDPR / HIPPA), ensuring Privacy Impact Assessments are completed where necessary.
- Identify opportunities for patent or design registration protection.
The successful candidate:
Qualifications and education requirements:
- Degree level education in an appropriately relevant field
- Experienced in product management and/or large-scale technology developments
- Experienced in project/programme management, taking product through to operational readiness
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Excellent leadership, people management, communication, and documentation skills. Should be comfortable presenting to other managers, architects, stake holders, and customers as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with wide range of backend and front-end technologies, along with cellular enabled hardware, and their impact on user experience
- Collaborate effectively with other development groups and architects inside/outside the existing organization to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostic & problem-solving skills with ability to work independently & with teams
- Excellent presentation, interaction, and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organisations.
- Appreciation for good design and an eye for detail
- Experience with agile software development teams and have worked with geographically dispersed development teams/efforts, and sales teams
- Highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence as well as significant project management expertise
- A strong self-directed work ethic, driven to produce a quality product and user experience, wrapped up in a make it happen mindset
- Direct experience of data privacy compliance in both the U.S., U.K. and Europe is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Clean driving license & ability to fly essential due to company’s international footprint.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer