Role: Product Manager
Salary: Up to £38k DOE
Our client has been delivering market leading technology and innovative solutions for almost 20 years.
The role sits within the Product Development department, a team which provides product support to the entire business and external partners; product testing and verification; project/programme management for new product introductions.
The products and services that the company develop, and support are based around mobile wireless devices supporting critical voice and data communications to internal software platforms, which provide alarm, video, and mapping services to end customers via web technologies.
The company has sales & marketing resources and some channel partners in several geographies, all of whom need to be kept accurately informed about product releases, updates roadmap, and lifecycle.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the conduit between the company’s global sales & marketing resources, engineering teams, product development teams and cloud software team.
- Collate & assess requirements from customers, sales resources & other market data and create business cases for consideration at DRB (Decision Review Board), communicating accepted developments effectively into our engineering/product development team.
- Effectively communicate product outputs from our engineering/product development team and ‘translate’ into use by company sales & marketing resources
- Proactively engage with all sales functions & ensure their knowledge of our products is exemplary. Become the ‘go to’ guru to support sales staff on any customer questions/requirements.
- Present & demonstrate our products & services to customers, alongside our sales teams as required.
- Author and publish all product bulletins, application notes, training slides, help content, getting started guides and user manuals.
- Ensure that the features & functionality, current status and future roadmap of each product is clearly and effectively communicated to key stakeholders.
- Work with marketing teams to provide product content & ensure all product marcoms and websites are current & accurate, considering appropriate localization/translation.
- Be the product owner & lead the definition of epics, user stories, and acceptance tests with our developers, testers, and end user representatives.
- Understanding all relevant market making standards (e.g. UK BS8484) in all countries to ensure our product compliance & understanding.
- Working with Operations and Finance to ensure appropriate set up of product records in all company business support IT systems.
- Representing the company in a highly professional way, acting in an advisory capacity with all stakeholders.
- Manage product enhancement ideas received from around the business & play a key role in assessing their business value and scheduling them into product releases.
- Defining and leading our User Acceptance Test process with our end user representatives. Managing feedback from the test process: triage, collate and create clear issues for the development teams to resolve.
- Managing customer feedback & provide clear and effective analysis of product issue reports.
- Working with our legal teams on GDPR and Data Protection requirements for our products and processes.
- Managing the full product lifecycle of our products from conception to obsolescence.
The successful candidate:
You will be an enthusiastic, diligent, and detailed ‘people person’ and will have experience in product management roles in other B2B environments, with a demonstrable ability to make things happen. You should be a great listener but also be capable of articulate reasoning, presenting arguments to effect change where required.
You should have qualifications in a relevant technology/business discipline, or equivalent demonstrable workplace experience.
You should have experience and knowledge in applicable technologies to the business such as Call Centres, cellular/wireless networks, embedded electronics, or SaaS platforms and applications.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-moving high-pressure environment and be capable of self-motivation. Demonstrable evidence of how you have effectively communicated with others is essential.
- Experience with MS Office essential.
- Experience with Aha! Product Management software (or similar) is highly desirable, as is experience with Office 365 and CRM applications.
- Clean driving license & ability to fly essential.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer