Role: Production Sewing Machinist
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Hours/shifts: Week 1 6am-2pm Monday to Friday, Week 2 2pm-8pm Monday to Thursday (Friday off)
Our client are a leading wholesale specialist in their field.
To sew production garments to a high standard of quality and in line with production spec
- High Quality standards to be always followed.
- Ensure machine settings are correct for individual products
- Ensure finish product matches to approved sample
- Maintenance of machinery to be checked on a weekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow tech pack info
- Work within customers’ requirements and report any issues
- SMV must be recorded on the Technical Pack on all new styles and handed to the Factory Manager to discuss any issues to be addressed with the Technical Team.
- Work to the critical path deadlines and report any issues
- Always Keep the workplace clean and tidy. Health and Safety within the factory environment
- Work closely with all team members.
- Be prepared to carry out other ad hoc duties in line with manager requests
The successful candidate:
A minimum of 2 years’ experience is essential on Overlock and Lockstitch industrial machines is required. Twin needle cover seam, Button, Buttonhole and Diff overlock machines, operators will be trained in house if not experienced in these types.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.