Role: Project Manager
Salary: £38,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
Location: Rotherham (UK travel involved with some nights away)
Our clients are specialists in their field and work withing the construction industry.
Due to expansion, they have a vacancy for a proactive and enthusiastic Project Manager. Some experience would be desirable but not essential to oversee projects throughout the UK. Working from their Head Office in Rotherham and reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, the candidate would have the responsibility of managing projects from internal handover to final completion.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Appoint and monitor installation teams
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the client base
- Control labour and plant costs on a project specific basis
- Provide up to date project programmes and liaise closely with clients’ representatives on site
- Attend and contribute to client meetings on site and relay information back to the team
- Closely monitor all on site work, inspect, snag, and sign off the installation in conjunction with company sign off procedures
- Record variations from site and liaise with the commercial team to ensure costs are controlled and additional monies claimed on a monthly basis
- Provide detailed monthly valuations to the commercial team for all live projects
- Responsible for all site health and safety procedures and compliance by all site personnel
- Deliver projects to agreed programme of works. Monitor construction programmes and work with clients and installation teams to minimise overruns.
- Monitor programme of works and identify shortfalls and solutions
- Attend weekly contracts meetings to report on and discuss workload, project difficulties and opportunities
- Approximately 2-3 days per week spent visiting sites throughout the UK. Some (fully expensed) nights away from home may be required.
- Excellent organisational skills are required and must be comfortable working alone and as part of a team
- Comfortable working at height and using Cherry Pickers and Scissor Lifts to undertake inspections / snagging
- CSCS card and SMSTS qualification is essential
The successful candidate:
Experience in project management within the commercial construction industry is desirable but not essential. We are looking for an enthusiastic applicant who can bring projects in on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
The package for the role is negotiable depending on experience, it includes a company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone, company pension and 25 days’ annual leave plus statutory bank holidays.
Glu Recruit LTD are an equal opportunities employer and are acting as a recruitment agent in the hiring of this role.
Glu Recruit LTD ensure that all qualified applicants are considered for employment in the role that they have applied for, and any other suitable opportunity that we advertise without regard to age, belief, colour, ethnic/national origin, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or based on disability. If you require any additional support to apply for this role, or any other role that we advertise please contact us directly for assistance.