Role: Purchasing Assistant
Salary: £18,000 – £19,000 per annum
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
The Purchasing Assistant will work with the category Buyer, ensuring the effective procurement process is delivered in a timely fashion.
- Analysing and controlling stock levels in line with required stock holding and re-order levels
- Creating and submitting Purchase Orders accurately and on time with suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers regarding delivery of Purchase Orders, and updating PO’s accordingly
- Inputting and maintaining Sales & Purchasing tracking spreadsheets
- Managing the movement of stocks throughout our network of depots, through creation of inter-company orders
- Inputting supplier and competitor pricing
- Communicating with General Managers and Sales staff on availability / market information
The successful candidate
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other departments
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Confident and proven ability to work under pressure
- The role holder must demonstrate flexibility within the role as required by the needs of the business to cover for colleagues’ holiday or absence (when required)
Glu recruit are an equal opportunities employer.