Role: Resource Scheduler
Salary: £18,000 – £23,000 per annum depending one experience
Our client are a rapidly growing managed service provider with client’s throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
- To track and monitor field engineers, reporting absence, skills deficiencies and general feedback to the Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of internal controls/processes within the Implementation Department.
- Verify the quality, accuracy and timeliness of responses and actions taken by the team.
- Working with the Operations Manager, provide ongoing operational performance feedback to team members, including assistance with the mid-year and year-end formal performance management process.
- Monitor trends in individual team performance (daily, weekly, monthly) reporting negative trends to the Operations Manager.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with monthly statistics and management reports when required.
- To schedule the day to day workload for engineers.
- Ensuring engineers with the correct skill levels attends the call.
- Verifying parts have been arranged, ordered or collected by the attending engineer.
- Ensuring parts are booked to the correct engineer where required.
- Ensuring any workshop incidents are allocated to prepare any parts prior to the scheduled visit.
- Scheduling, where possible, the closest relevant engineer to the incident.
- Ensuring the incident has been managed efficiently in order for the engineer to have time to complete the incident within the SLA or customer requested planned window.
- Ensuring engineer working instructions within the incident reflects what is required of the engineer.
- Pro –actively chasing engineers concerned for updates on incidents to ensure incidents are being managed within SLA.
- Working with the engineering team and Operations Manager to progress aged incidents ensuring timely closure.
- To ensure that updates are placed on all incidents appropriately by engineers daily or when received from engineers via telephone.
- Ensure clear and concise quality updates reflecting true incident progression are being used and coach engineers where applicable.
- Reporting any skills, resource deficiencies, and discipline issues/general feedback concerning the engineers to the Operations Manager.
- Reporting any scheduling issues or call progression problems to the relevant AM, Service Manager or Operations Manager as appropriate.
- To instigate escalation procedures as appropriate
- Escalating customer complaint/escalations through the relevant processes.
- Act as an escalation point for the team and customers for operational issues and ensuring that any engineer technical assistance is enabled across other operational teams as required.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ensuring engineers complete incidents or update and move to the correct queue after the onsite visit as appropriate.
- Keeping the customer up to date with any changes/delays throughout the day to scheduled visits primarily via telephone.
- Responding to customer requests/queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong relationships with the immediate team, internal and external departments.
- Ensure that during projects, customer receive regular updates and progress in-line with the specific project plan.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the needs of the business and its customers.
- Providing support to the Operations Manager where required within other operations teams.
- Ensure the team and team individuals work within and abide to the data security principles, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate:
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 year’s experience, any experience in the IT industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with use of a CRM
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing environment is essential.
- Customer facing; empathise with users, good interpersonal skills, display active listening, polite telephone manner, be courteous
- Personal attributes; pro-active, have initiative; and a can do attitude
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills/written & verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills to schedule the day to day workload for engineers, ensuring most appropriate matching of incident type, engineer skills and location.
- Logical and methodical.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate record of works.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- Experience with Project Management / Contract Management (desirable)
Glu Recruit is an equal opportunities employer.