Role: Sales Administrator
Salary: up to 17K DOE
Hours of work: Mon-Thurs 09:00-17:00 Fri 08:30-16:00
Our client is a leading manufacturing and distribution business.
You will be actively involved in sales, sales administration and commercial issues. This is achieved by quoting current and new customers and having regular contact with key or allocated accounts. You will also have involvement in key sales and order processing activities at all stages of the transaction.
You will also;
- Respond to designated customer enquiries in line with department procedures
- Follow up customer enquiries within 24 hours or as per the agreed timescale
- Ensure that orders are tied up to relevant quotations and entered on the enquiry register
- Answer incoming telephone calls quickly, courteously and in an efficient manner
- Answer reception phone and deal with visitors
- Liaise with external sales staff regarding the specific status of customers prior to any visits
- Liaise with production, capacity planning and warehouse regarding delivery status of sale orders
- Liaise with QC regarding customer complaints and quality issues
- Ensure your work area is tidy and enables the company to comply with Health and Safety requirements
- Work with the sales manager and sales office manager to monitor key projects and producing report information and data
- Learn how to prepare all documentation required for all export shipments I.E. packing lists, certificates and invoices etc
- Liaising with approved transport sub-contractors and freight forwarders to prepare export documentation. Liaise with approved transport sub-contractors and relevant departments to ensure export orders are despatched in a cost efficient manner.
- To be aware of all aspects of the Efacs MRP system to enable you to fulfil your sales functions such as order entry, processing, enquiry screen and to find and understand the reports.
- Work with procurement to ensure we have sufficient material and purchased items to support customer supply needs.
- Work with the line manager and supervisor on key account development
- Be aware of all aspects of the paperwork flow, be involved in filing and material archiving, sending and receiving faxes and emails.
The successful candidate:
You will ideally have experience in a Sales admin role or experience in an Administrative role and looking to move into Sales.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.