Role: Senior Business Development Executive
Salary: £22,000-£26000 per annum
Our client is a marketing agency who offer fantastic opportunities for career progression and personal development.
As a member of the Business Development team you will actively contribute towards achieving the company’s new business targets through. proactively generating new business leads, pursuing those leads and as far as possible establishing new relationships with prospective client organisations and the individual commissioners within those organisations.
The Senior BD Executive will also support tender responses, contribute towards researching new markets and sector opportunities in addition to producing and executing proactive plans to access new markets and sectors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead Generation
- Produce target lists of potential new clients based on matching the agency’s skill set with established client needs
- Approach potential new clients through email, telephone, LinkedIn etc. to secure an agreed number of meetings with qualified leads
- Maintain regular contact with warm leads, with a view to establishing strong positive relationships with commissioning organisations and the individuals who have commissioning responsibility
- Meet agreed targets set at the beginning of each quarter
- Produce detailed weekly reports including summaries of contacts made, market intelligence gathered, summary of progress against targets and indication of next week’s focus
- Take briefs from potential clients
- Prepare and deliver proposals and presentations to potential new clients as required
- Support the business development team towards converting active leads into live work
- Research and identify new business development opportunities
- Work with the business development manager to identify and manage risks
- Represent the agency professionally at all times
- Preparing Tenders and supporting access to new markets and sectors
- Research tender portals to identify potential opportunities
- Work with the wider team to pull together tender responses and directly contribute content for bids
- Participate in creative planning sessions to develop bid responses
- Support business growth into new markets and sectors by researching potential customers and identifying routes into those customers
- Designing and executing proactive activity to promote our client to identified new markets, customers and sectors, as directed by the BD Manager
The successful candidate:
You will have proven experience in a business to business sales role. If you have any experience of sales in the creative/digital sector this may be advantageous.
- Experience in lead generation is essential
- Experience of successfully meeting targets in relation to new leads, new opportunities and securing new business
- Sales or business development background is essential
- Experience in using LinkedIn as a sales tool
- Hardworking, organised, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Strong written skills
- Detail orientated
- Able to think creatively and articulate ideas
- Able to work competently in a deadline-driven environment
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.