Role: Senior Commercial Insurance Broker
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00 (hour lunch)
Our client is a multi-award winning insurance brokerage with its head office located in Sheffield.
- Manage individual diary system.
- Respond to allocated mail promptly.
- Review insurances due for renewal.
- Issue renewal invitations.
- Relay instruction for cover and any related issues to insurer.
- Provide written confirmation of cover/alterations and where appropriate cancellations to client.
- Enter New Business & Renewals onto firm’s computer system, allocating correct codings.
- Exercise own judgement, based on knowledge and experience, when reviewing proposals and referring to supervisor, manager or senior colleague when appropriate.
- Draw customer’s attention to all information pertinent to client’s insurances, including duty of disclosure, warranties and onerous conditions etc.
- Make written records of all conversations with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contacts in accordance with the firm’s procedures manual.
- Deal with any telephone queries for new or existing business, provide suitable advice, exercising own judgement, based upon knowledge and experience as to when to refer customers to a colleague.
- Ensure that firm’s systems and procedures are followed at all times in accordance with procedures manual.
- Ensure that firm’s systems and compliance are followed at all times in accordance with firms compliance manual and FCA regulations.
- Take instructions relating to the provision of insurance cover from clients and Account Executives when appropriate.
- Check policy documents, (including endorsements) for accuracy prior to receipt by clients.
- Handle the invoicing of premiums due.
- Obtain quotations both for new and renewal business, analysing information gathered and undertaking sufficient research to make suitable recommendations.
- Respond to Account Queries Form promptly.
- Ensure that all required training is completed within timescales allocated and that personal training manual is fully updated at all times.
- Keep Account Executive/Director fully informed of any relevant matters/information.
- To support the Company’s Key Performance Indicators
- Dealing with commercial risks of sizes from £75,000 – £500,000 GWP
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company sick pay, life assurance and pension
- Local and online discounts including discounted restaurants, travel, entertainment tickets with BenefitHub
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
The successful candidate:
A minimum of 5 years insurance experience (3 years relevant to commercial)
Knowledge of FCA rules and guidelines relating to commercial and private customers.
Knowledge of general insurance and its underlying legal principles.
For each policy listed, knowledge and understanding of each of the core policies listed.
Knowledge and understanding of all company relevant procedures.
Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of underwriting and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal to the firm, and externally.
Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered.
Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate.
Ability to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports
Confident and effective telephone skills
Use good interpersonal and communication skills.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.