Role: Stock Controller
Hourly rate: £8.91-£9.50 per hour depending on experience
Location: Mallusk, Newtonabbey – Northern Ireland
Hours: Monday to Friday 42.5 hours
Start date/duration: ASAP / 12 weeks temp to perm
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
- To ensure all records required by the Company, the MHRA and the Home Office in relation to Controlled Drugs are maintained clearly and accurately daily, monthly and annually.
- To communicate with suppliers and carriers on goods received short, over or damaged and to help liaise with the buying department with regard to incorrect deliveries
- To prioritise stock urgently needed for the warehouse and the sales team
- Ensuring that all goods inwards procedures are strictly adhered to, particularly accuracy of prioritising and checking goods
- To ensure stock to be uplifted is completed in a reasonable period of time by supplier/carrier and that all relevant paperwork is copied for records, filed and passed to relevant departments
- To ensure correct rotation of stock within locations to enable stock with shortest life is sold first and to coordinate completed daily/weekly checks on stock included short dated, suspended lines and damages.
- To complete stock inventory with daily counts to ensure that the warehouse stock checks are completed on a rolling basis with CD’s, Hi Value, slow moving and fridge lines counted fortnightly/ monthly as laid out in the SOP’s and to ensure all stock discrepancies are investigated and reported accordingly.
- To complete daily CD stock takes accurately so it reconciles with the daily report generated
- Help deal with all notifications of recalls, from removing stock from shelves for sales to sending stock back efficiently to suppliers
- To identify and assist in highlighting slow moving, short dated or damaged stock. To ensure correct rotation of stock within locations to enable stock with shortest life to be sold first.
- To ensure correct destruction of medicines deemed unsellable within the quarantine room and keeping correct disposal paperwork.
- To ensure all operating practices are healthy, safe, legal, secure and efficient.
- Maintains security of all Company stock and warehouse equipment.
- To have an excellent knowledge of different categories of product kept in the warehouse
- To ensure all procedures relating to the handling of drugs, particularly controlled drugs and temperature-controlled drugs are strictly adhered to.
- Working knowledge of GDP and falsified Medicines processes.
The successful candidate:
Will ideally have experience in a stock control position. Any pharmaceutical, food, drink or hospitality industry experience would be advantageous.
Our client is also open receiving applications from switched on warehouse operatives looking for a move into stock control. All candidates must have experience of working with MS Excel spreadsheets and have an excellent attention to detail.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.