Role: Tech Lead
Salary: up to £70K per annum
Location: Sheffield (2 days in the office required at least)
Our client are an innovative cloud based software company.
We are looking for an ambitious experienced Tech lead to join our team, you will be responsible for a small team of engineers working towards collective business goals and still be excited to be very much ‘hands on’ – this is far from a hands off in the eaves managerial role
No two days are ever the same so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
Management & Leadership
- Setting and monitoring individual team member goals to ensure everyone has focus and clarity (and how this contributes to collective goals)
- Coaching & Mentoring junior developers
- Working closely with the Product Manager and other stakeholders to determine work priorities
- Liaising with senior management to determine feature
- Platform architecture
- Reviewing code to maintain best software development practices
- Implementing best practices throughout the team
- Development work on some of the more advanced software components
- Managing and monitoring Azure cloud service infrastructure
- Explore and introduce new ideas
- Assist the route to live deployment process and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
The successful candidate:
What we need from you:
- Strong Commercial experience of:- ○ Microsoft Azure ○ Devops CI/CD ○ Web application development ○ Cloud based software patterns
- Experience with architectural design taking into account both functional and non-functional requirements
- Line management experience (preferably in your most recent job)
- Experience working in an agile team with a good track record of delivery
- Ability to write good, clean and well-tested code
- Full Stack development experience is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of relational and object database design and methodologies
Being part of a young, successful startup with a relaxed atmosphere to grow and expand your skills whilst having the benefit of the group product and engineering teams to work with and draw on
They work hard but enjoy letting our hair down and they are about to move into our new offices in Sheffield City centre
Plenty of coffee obviously (like any good tech startup), their office dog Reggie for company and usually distraction!
Good table tennis skills will be a big help for the weekly table tennis championships
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Social events outside of work
- Cake Fridays
- Friendly / family environment
- Flexible working
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Christmas shut down
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.