Role: Telesales Manager
Salary: up to £27K DOE
Location: East Kilbride
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
Working closely with the General Manager, you will ensure the effective achievement of set sales targets for the business and customer retention through your input into the overall sales strategy, rolling this strategy into tactical action plans and managing the performance, motivation and development of a telephone sales team to effectively achieve set goals.
- Actively contribute to the strategic planning process.
- Develop departmental sales plans to facilitate the successful achievement of volume and profit targets, adopting distinct approaches for new business and retention.
- Contribute to and align with the field-based sales plan
- Manage and develop the performance of a Telephone Sales Team through coaching, training, monitoring and performance management, ensuring company SOP’s are kept up to date and also GDP and falsified training records.
- Identify and progress the development of internal systems, procedures and documentation as appropriate, to achieve greater efficiency in reaching and exceeding sales targets and objectives.
- Work closely with internal colleagues across marketing, buying and warehouse departments.
The successful candidate:
- Excellent organisation skills.
- You must be very target/bonus driven individual.
- Able to work under pressure, whilst remaining calm and positive.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Able to build & maintain relationships
- A natural leader
- Be driven to succeed & determined to deliver results
- Able to work as part of a strong team
- A highly motivated and driven individual not concerned to pick up the phone and build relationships
- Reliable and committed with a natural sales focused mentality
- Previous people management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage a team effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills – Professional telephone manner
- To deliver a positive experience on all staff and to drive motivation during quieter periods.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing and professional personality
- Able to communicate with all levels of co-workers and management.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.