Role: Temporary Helpline Call Handler/Administrator
Salary: £8:45 per hour
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am-5:30pm & 8am-4:30pm alternate shift pattern on 2-week rota. (Some flexibility needed on hours to cover 1 late night 1pm-10pm if needed)
Our client is committed to improving the effectiveness of their clients by delivering innovative solutions. They help organisations to achieve their full potential through their people.
- Answer calls to the helpline as required, welcoming callers to the service, providing information as needed, signposting where appropriate and arranging a call back with an Adviser where necessary
- Using predefined criteria, identify clients at risk to themselves or others and work with Advisors and Clinical leads to ensure that all necessary steps are taken protect the caller and others from harm
- Deal with all clients calls in a professional and sensitive manner
- Dealing with queries, setting up diaries and liaising with area managers
- Follow guidelines to ensure all calls are answered in a concise and confidential manner
- Ensure all information taken from calls is accurately logged on the system and, where necessary, warm transferred or referred on appropriately for action.
- Ensure all information is handled in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Deal with varied Administration duties key to the role.
- Make outbound calls to employee and line managers to book and arrange appointments
- Resources, pricing and sending out materials for workshop events
The successful candidate:
- Previous experience in an administrative or customer service position, preferably in an office environment, i.e. can demonstrate a consistent track record of delivering customer service to a high standard
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail: Able to gather relevant information from customers, update customer information correctly and presenting information clearly and accurately. Able to undertake administrative tasks in a clear and logical structure. Writing / typing information in a clear understandable level of English and ensuring relevant information is documented in a consistent manner.
- Excellent listening skills, able to maintain a calm and professional and empathetic manner in difficult circumstances.
- Excellent Customer Service skills – particularly telephone skills
- Good interpersonal skills – able to establish and build good working relationships
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills, e.g. able to demonstrate previous establishing a clear structure to your work to maximise the best use of your time and be able to make logical and solid decisions independently
- IT literacy: Able to confidently use MS Word, Excel and Outlook to a basic standard e.g. Able to create letters from scratch, use spread sheets to capture and store data in a clear and logical manner from scratch. Able to read and send emails / attachments etc.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate prioritisation skills when multi-tasking. – dealing with Administration duties while monitoring calls
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.