Role: Temporary Night Shift Team Leader (temp to perm)
Hourly Rate: £10.65 per hour
Hours: 21:00 – 06:00 Monday – Friday
Start date: ASAP
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
Main Purpose of the Job -To control all aspects of, placement and location of stock, rotation of stock, short date reports, weekly stock counts and maintaining a cleaning regime
To work efficiently within budgets and to achieve set targets. To recommend and Implement agreed changes in order to increase efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the branch
- To train motivate and organise all staff under his/her responsibilities to ensure objectives are achieved and maintained whilst retaining good industrial relations.
- To assist senior colleagues in constantly reviewing the operating methods, layouts and procedures to improve performance and reduce costs.
- To provide any documentation required for the monitoring of the departments under his/her direct responsibilities on time and in correct detail.
- To request any overtime needed in agreement with Operations Manager.
- Co-ordinate staff and workload to meet hour-to-hour priorities at optimum costs.
- Decide department priorities particularly concerning stock urgently needed in warehouse.
- Ensure an updated and accurate index is maintained on all shelf locations together with adequate collation of stock to encourage more proficient assembly.
- Ensure overstock shelves are maintained to a standard which will allow maximum picking proficiency with minimum stock damage.
- Ensure correct rotation of stock within locations to enable stock with shortest life to be sold first.
- Work as an integral team member with the Management Team to improve the cost effectiveness of the whole depot operation
- Stock inventory — To ensure that the warehouse stock taking is done at least twice per year minimum
- To identify and assist in slow moving stock
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment is maintained at all times.
The successful candidate:
Will need to have experience of managing people in a supervisor, team leader or manager capacity. You will have a reach fork lift truck licence. If your licence is out of date refresher courses are available. You will be available to start work immediately and be available for a long term temporary assignment with a possibility of going permanent. You’ll be hard working, committed, reliable and ideally have worked in a warehouse environment before.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.