Role: Temporary Warehouse Operative
Hourly Rate: £8.25 per hour
Shift: 10.30am – 7.30pm
Start Date/Duration: ASAP/Ongoing (possible temp to permanent opportunities available)
Location: Mallusk, Northern Ireland
Main purpose of job:
To ensure orders are picked and accurately checked to adhere to van schedules.
To ensure stock locations are maintained with sufficient quantities of goods to enable the efficient assembly of customer orders.
1. Pick correct stock, by double checking pick location agrees with customer invoice and quantity, paying special attention to:
Minimising time and distance walked.
Placing stock in container to minimise damage, packing and checking.
Maintaining tidy shelves and aisles.
Correctly opening outers of stock.
Remove all cellophane from picking bins
Remove all outer cardboard boxes from picking bins
Remove elastic bands from picking bins
Remove loose leaflets
2. Give priority to assembling and checking orders for current van journeys
3. Pass all goods through the bar code scanning system whenever possible to maintain maximum accuracy of orders.
4. Pack goods into an appropriately sized carton/bag to give zero transit damage with least labour and material costs. No glass bottles can be put in plastic bags.
5. Transport packed goods to the correct driver’s trolley
6. Transport empty tote bins back to the beginning of the production line following the correct health and safety guidelines – height maximum of 20 totes using the dollies to transport the totes.
7. Reports to a Supervisor if stock is missing, short dated, out of date, damaged or dirty
8. Report to a Supervisor on problems hindering efficient and accurate assembly.
9. Report to a Supervisor immediately if you feel stock has been tampered with in any way.
10. Clearly identifies all discrepancies and problems and reports the same to Supervisor.
11. Ensure stock is correctly rotated and located on relevant picking bin or overstock location as soon as possible, reporting any discrepancies of product descriptions or location to Supervisor.
12. Ensure picking shelves are never empty unless there is no stock available from the overstock bays.
13. Report any incorrect stock description to Supervisor immediately and ensure prompt action is taken.
14. Maintain picking shelves and associated gangways are in a neat and clean state.
15. During down times from assembling – replenish bins locations and tidy top racks/overstocks.
16. Ensure descriptive labels on picking shelves (including bin numbers and overstock bay numbers) are correct and easily readable. If any stock is found on an incorrect stock location/overstock location report this to a Supervisor immediately.
17. Ensure stock is located in the correct bin whilst maintaining stock rotation at all times.
18. Ensure sufficient stock is taken out of transit cellophane/box to enable efficient order picking.
19. Assist in maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
20. Ensure all food products are dated on the invoice.
21. When assembling/checker customer order ensure that your clock number is written neatly on the customers invoice for audit trail purposes.
22. Carries out stock checks when required, cleans shelves and places stock back in a date rotation order. Ensuring that your stock check sheets are signed for audit purposes.
23. Maintains security of Company stock and assets.
24. Ensure Health and Safety issues are upheld at all times.
25. Works within other areas of the warehouse as directed by a supervisor/manager.
26. Achieves given daily targets on picking and checking.
The successful candidate:
You will need to plan your day and prioritise orders on request, always put the customer 1st, be flexible with your hours and be willing to go that extra mile to fulfil the customer’s needs. Ideally, you will have experience of working in a warehouse environment in a picking/packing role.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.