Role: Threading/Turning Machine Operative
Hourly rate – £8.72 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Employment status: Temporary-permanent
Hours: 7am-3:30pm Monday to Thursday, 2:30pm on a Friday. Once you’re up and running there will also be a requirement to cover the afters and night shift.
Our client are a leading manufacturing business.
- To ensure that all work procedures are adhered to in a safe manner whilst maintaining a high quality of work, working towards set deadlines and targets in the most efficient and productive way.
- To ensure that you can operate equipment correctly and safely to gain the highest utilisation
- To produce products to customer specification
- To advise the setters of any problems which arise or are likely to arise
- To ensure high safety standards are being practiced in the section
- To maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Provide training to staff where required
- All working procedures must be adhered to
- To adhere to start and finish times
- To adhere to Company Policies at all times
- Ability to identify hazards
The successful candidate:
Will ideally have experience operating machinery within a factory/ from an engineering background. Any experience operating threading/turning machines, or operating saws or lathes would be highly advantageous.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.