Job title: Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience plus commission scheme with uncapped earning potential
About the Company:
We are a modern and forward thinking independent recruitment agency based in Rotherham who help employers and candidates across the Sheffield city region find their perfect match in each of our specialist areas – office support, sales, creative/digital, IT and warehouse/driving.
We are looking for a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to join the business and learn the recruitment industry from ground level. This is an excellent opportunity to carve yourself a career in the recruitment industry. If you’re interested in people and business a career in recruitment could be for you! The role will include engaging with employers and job seekers and helping both find their perfect match. You’ll learn about the different roles available within the sectors we operate, salary levels, market knowledge and how to successfully negotiate two parties to a common end goal.
What’s on Offer:
- Hours: Our core working hours are 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 4pm on Friday, however flexible working options will be considered
- Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience + uncapped commission scheme
- Other benefits: 22 Days Annual Leave + your birthday off + Christmas shutdown + Laptop, iPhone and flexibility
- Structured training & development programme
- Excellent working environment
- Career progression opportunities
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the creation of job adverts to help attract new candidates.
- Posting job adverts and proactively searching for candidates on targeted job boards and social media.
- Assessing CVs for key candidate skills and abilities.
- Processing applications, booking-in and conducting candidate interviews.
- Completing registration documentation for successful candidates and checking right to work documents
- Searching our database, and online CV databases to identify suitable candidates that match the ongoing vacancies that we are working on
- Searching our database, and online CV databases to identify suitable candidates to present to prospective clients who may, or may not be hiring at the current time
- Using LinkedIn as a tool to engage in conversations with candidates about vacancies and employers about our candidates
- Researching daily for vacancies in the Sheffield city region and identifying potential candidates to present to existing and prospective clients
- Business development to generate new clients using our recruitment service through emails, telephone calls, social media, prospecting drops, networking, gaining referrals and attending face to face client meetings
- Submitting CV’s to employers along with supporting information and following up to chase interviews and feedback
- Handling and negotiating job offers and managing notice periods
- Pre-start, and post-start support to employers and candidates
- Supporting other members of the team with all candidate related activity
- Ensuring the ethos and culture of Glu Recruit is maintained and promoted to candidates and employers
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of working in a customer service, or sales-oriented role
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using IT equipment and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to organise and manage a busy workload efficiently and effectively.
- The ability to act on your own initiative.
- Hard working, conscientious and the ability to work in a fast paced, at times demanding environment
- Experience of using LinkedIn would be advantageous
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.