Role: Export Co-ordinator/ Manager
Salary: £28,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client is a leading manufacturing and distribution business.
Responsible for the overall supply chain management of goods, you will need to manage the entire logistics/transport cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
General Responsibilities & Brief
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the planning system.
- Ensure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring global costs & price trends and negotiating transportation (Inc. rail, road, air freight) prices.
- Assess & recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary specifications and cost
- Negotiate rates and contracts with carriers.
- Manage the VOSA operators license and ensure the safe and proper use of any goods vehicles.
The successful candidate:
Will have experience of operating at a similar level.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.