Role: Transport Team Leader
Hourly Rate: £8.50 per hour (£9.00 per hour after 6 months)
Hours: Mon-Fri 42 hours per week (must be flexible with shifts)
Duration of assignment: Ongoing Temp-Perm
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
- Engage and train staff on regular basis, ensuring training records are updated and filed. To motivates and organise all staff under his/her responsibility and maintain good working relationships.
- Assist in interviewing new staff to his/her department.
- Participates in any reasonable task requested by his/her Manager.
- Works within a rota with colleagues as a key holder to maintain adequate opening and closing of the Depot to allow maximum service to the Chemists.
- Works within a rota with colleagues to ensure and maintain adequate supervision is available to allow Saturday morning service to the Chemists.
- Works with the Transport Supervisor to decide the planning of routes to ensure vans are cost effective maintain that they are economical to run together with maximum convenience to the Chemist
- Ensures all despatch and delivery procedures are strictly adhered to, maintaining that all SOPS’s are followed by all staff, and that GDP is carried out correctly, particularly with controlled drugs, secures, cold chain and/or hazardous products.
- Reports to a Supervisor if stock is missing, out of date, damaged or dirty
- Report to a Supervisor on problems hindering efficient and accurate assembly, checking and packing.
- To assist the Transport Supervisor to organise staff and vans to ensure objectives are met with optimum cost and service.
- Ensures orders are despatched on correct loads to meet the Company’s predetermined delivery schedule.
- Assists the Transport Supervisor in achieving van departure deadlines and record on van variance sheet with the times of departure.
- Assist the Transport Manager to ensure all CD requisition forms are collected by the drivers and returned to the CD room for filing once returned.
- Ensure that the designated wash area is kept tidy at all times.
- Answer the telephone in the absence of a supervisor and ensure that all messages are passed to the relevant person.
- Ensures all depot Standard Operating Procedures are followed by staff at all times
Health & Safety
- Ensures all Health & Safety aspects are maintained at all times
- Ensures all operating practices are healthy, safe, legal, secure and efficient
- Ensures that all new staff are made aware of all Health & Safety aspects expected by the Company at induction
- Control and manage the despatch area including all box stores in-line with health and safety guidelines
- Assists in weekly walk test of security and safety equipment.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Works as an integral part of the Management Team to improve cost-effectiveness of the whole Depot operation. Covering and assisting within Production, Goods Inwards and Stock Control.
- Works closely with the Supervisors to ensure that all objectives are achieved and maintained while retaining a good working relationship
- Maintains equipment that assist in despatch, i.e. scanners, packing stations
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.