Role: UX/UI Product Designer
Salary: £28,000 – £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: UK based (remote working) with occasional travel to the Sheffield office
Our client is a forward thinking, dynamic, global technology business.
Your role will be focused on promoting research driven design within the product teams and collaborating with other teams in the business, to build user-friendly and intuitive products.
Previous UX/UI product design experience is required, together with experience on scrum/agile teams in mobile or digital environments.
- Be an active member of the Product Team and play a key role in bringing successful products to life
- Facilitate product discovery with the aim of applying findings to meet user needs, ensuring the production of user-friendly and intuitive products, in line with the company’s vision
- Apply usability research methods to refine and validate hypotheses, prototypes or product ideas
- Deliver UI/UX assets and prototypes for web and mobile features, during sprints ensuring the product team understands the design work for upcoming sprints
- Collaborate closely with clients and colleagues, acting as a design advocate and incorporating feedback into the product design lifecycle
- Proactively scope, plan and execute design work in accordance with an iterative development process
- Contribute to the quality and timely delivery of projects and products; manage the quality of your own work, in order to ensure the best product is delivered within the specified time frame
The successful candidate:
- Understanding of the impact of design on human behaviour
- Understanding and knowledge of Agile methodology and the application to design
- Experience in design sprints
- Experience with working with design systems
- Proficiency with common design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Marvel
- Proficiency with User Centered Interaction Design principles and practices
- Demonstrable experience of consumer engagement techniques and principles
- Demonstrable experience of how converting users through progressive stages of a journey is fundamental to the success of the apps you design
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS platforms. Experience designing for hybrid platforms would be a plus
- Experience working with mobile analytics tools and capabilities, demonstrating proficiency in using analytics to inform iterative design evolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence peers, senior stakeholders and clients
- Independent and team-working experience
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.